UPDATE: Voting is now closed for Round 1. Stay tuned for Round 2 starting Monday 7/25, and feel free to leave a comment at the bottom about your favorites.
Hello and welcome, at last, to the voting phase of the Sellsword Summer Mapping Contest!
Here’s how it works.
- Take a look at the maps. Click on a map to view it in full size.
- Vote! Below the maps you’ll find a link to the ballot to vote for 3 maps you feel should move on to the second (and final) round.
It may help to review the contest rules a bit to judge how each map meets the criteria. You’ll see my original map shape in that post, but please note that cartographers were allowed to take some creative liberties with that shape by adding or subtracting some land, reversing water and land, turning it all in a different direction, or generally using my starting lines in different ways.
1. The Maps
A full slideshow video can be viewed here.
2. Voting (now closed – check back for round 2, Monday 7/25)
Here’s a link to the ballot. Please vote only once, and for no more than 3 maps. Make sure you hit submit at the bottom!
Thanks for taking the time to vote! I’d also love it if you could call out your favorites and what you like about them in the comments below. Let’s talk about what makes a great map!
3. Other Stuff
In case you didn’t know, the winners get some great prizes! Three are available. Check them out!
- How to Draw Fantasy Art & RPG Maps by Jared Blando (digital or hard copy – your choice)
- Pigma Micron pens (6 pack, black)
- Be A Better Campaign Master, Book 1: Building the World (digital PDF from Absolute Tabletop).
Round 2 starts next Monday 7/25/16! Stay tuned.